Real Skills Training Limited (The Company)
Provisional bookings can be accepted by telephone or email; however a booking is only regarded as confirmed once a fully completed booking form has been received from the sponsor and, unless otherwise agreed, payment has been made in full. Provisional bookings must be confirmed within seven days of the course start date.
- All fees are subject to VAT which is charged at the current rate.
- A Sponsor who books a course for a third party must provide the company with the contact details of the third party at least seven days prior to the start date of the course.
- Payment must be received no later than seven days prior to the course start date to secure the place on the course.
- Companies that hold a credit account with the company must settle any outstanding amount within 30 days of the invoice date. The company reserves the right to charge interest on overdue invoices at a rate of 8% above the Bank of England Base Rate.
- The company reserves the right to cancel or refuse services if outstanding payments are overdue.
Unless one of the exceptions listed below applies, you have the right to cancel your order within fourteen days from the order date and will be entitled to a full refund. You must inform the company in writing of your decision to cancel. You can email us at email@example.com or write to us at 215 Crosby Road South, Liverpool, L21 4LT.
The right of cancellation does not apply to:
- Any orders for courses which are due to take place within the next seven days, or
- Any orders for courses or services that have already taken place.
- Any orders for services where appointments are made and cancelled will be subject to an administration fee of £15 plus VAT at the current rate.
- If you have booked a Drug & Alcohol Assessment and/or Medical via the company a minimum of 2 working days notice is required to change the appointment date/time. The cost of the Drug & Alcohol Assessment and/or Medical is none refundable if adequate notice is not provided, late attendance or missed appointment or failure to meet the required standard.
- If a delegate withdraws from a course due to a failure of their Medical and/or Drug & Alcohol Assessment, the value of the course will be refunded, however we will be unable to refund the cost of the Medical and/or Drug & Alcohol Assessment; the cost of which is currently £100.00 per item plus VAT.
- Please note that the full course fee is payable in full if the candidate(s) fail(s) to attend the course, attends too late to join the course, attends but fails to provide all the necessary pre-requisite
certification & documentation (including but not exclusive to, PTS card, suitable ID, the required Skills, valid Medical/Drugs & Alcohol Assessments & Personal Protection Equipment as applicable).
- The full course fee is payable and no course transfer will take place if a candidate is found to have compromised the test this can include being found to be using referencing material during the test, conversing with or copying from other candidates. This also applies to candidates who are found to be in possession of restricted/licensed course test material which should only be available to licensed safety critical trainers. The trainers decision on discovery of this is final.
- At the discretion of the company, substitutes may be nominated with at least 2 working days notice prior to the commencement of the course, but the substitute must comply fully to the course prerequisites.
- If you book more than one course and you cannot attend one or more of the courses due to failure to obtain a pass of one of the courses, then the candidate will be asked to pay to re-sit the course he/she failed, but subject to this and at the sole discretion of the company the candidate may be offered a place free of charge on the course(s) he/she could not attend.
- Occasionally, circumstances arise beyond the company’s control where it is necessary for Real Skills Training (the company) to cancel or re-schedule a course(s). In such circumstances the candidate will be given as much notice as possible and will be transferred to the next available course. Alternatively, if required by the candidate, the course may be cancelled and a full refund given, less any costs already incurred by the company. However the company will not accept any consequential liability or any other claim irrespective of notice given. The maximum liability for the company is equal to the cost paid by the customer.
Drug & Alcohol Assessment and/or Medical Requirements
- The Minimum Network Rail medical fitness standards NR/L2/OHS/00124 and NR/L1/OHS/051 Drugs and Alcohol policy must be met prior to attending the course. The medical and drug and alcohol results must also be registered on the Sentinel database by the approved provider prior attending the course.
- If you arrange a Drug & Alcohol Assessment and/or Medical via the company, no dates for these services will be confirmed until the company has received a fully completed signed booking form from the sponsor and full payment has been received.
- Medicals will be conducted by a Link-Up approved Network Rail supplier and the Company will not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, damages or delay, costs or compensation arising from the conduct of the medical supplier and or any of its staff.
- The company cannot offer any medical advice, and it urges individuals to make their own enquiries via the abovementioned Sentinel Scheme Rules or with a Link Up approved Medical Contractor.
- Candidates can only change their Primary Sponsor if they have undertaken a successful drug & alcohol assessment in the last 12 weeks otherwise a new drug & alcohol assessment would be required.
- Delegates are individually responsible for ensuring they have all the course pre-requisites. All advice should be sought from their Primary Sponsor.
- Candidates attending the course must be able to demonstrate their ability to converse and understand written AND spoken English.
- Candidates should adhere to the Network Rail Standards and New Sentinel Scheme rules and should pay particular attention to “Double Shifting” and “Travel Time Regulation”.