Through an apprenticeship scheme, students can benefit from a practical, hands on experience of working whilst gaining qualifications and earning a wage. Further enhancing your employability within the industry.
Applying for an apprenticeship is a great way to advance your career and, here at Real Skills, we supply courses for both young people and adult learners.
Apprenticeships allow you to earn whilst you learn – providing you with broad foundations and invaluable experience across the industry, opening you up to numerous careers.
We are currently developing our apprenticeship delivery to offer a range of apprenticeships which offer skills for life. We make sure candidates have the best opportunities – building on knowledge and experience.
Entry requirements: Please contact us for details of how to apply.
To apply for one of our apprenticeships, you need to complete an initial assessment and to be accepted onto the training scheme, we request the following:
- GCSE Maths and English – level C and above or equivalent
- team player
- positive approach to work and enthusiasm to learn
- good verbal and written communication skills
Course objectives: Our apprenticeships allow students of all ages and abilities to benefit from practical, hands-on experience. Applying for one of our apprentice schemes, will enhance your employability and furnish you with knowledge of:
- Using safe and effective working practices
- Preparation and safe use of tools and equipment
- Manual and mechanical lifting and moving techniques
- Effective methods of communication
- Application of fault finding techniques
- Uses, requirements and properties of materials
Our experienced trainers will share their expertise to enrich your knowledge and understanding, after up to 3 years on our apprenticeship scheme, you will be able to work within the relevant sector achieving up to NVQ Level 3 qualification in railway engineering and vital skills.
How to apply
For more information about how to apply for apprenticeships, please contact us by completing the online enquiry form.