This company prides itself on its high level of customer satisfaction and will thus deal with any complaint in a professional manner and ensure that our services live up to the expectations of our clients. In line with this aim we have a clear and concise complaint handling process, which aims to:
- Help us learn from our mistakes
- Preserve our good relationship with current and future clients
- Treat each instance with the same standard practice to ensure fair and proper treatment
This Complaint Handling Policy sets out to ensure that the procedure is:
Definition of a complaint
We define a complaint as any expression of dissatisfaction, whether oral or written, and whether justified or not, about any service or activity provided by this company.
- All complaints are recorded in writing, including details of how/when the complaint was received, the action required to resolve the complaint and the date when the action will be completed. Intermediate discussions about the complaint will also be recorded.
- Any complaint will be acknowledged in writing to the complainant confirming that it is being dealt with in accordance with our complaints policy.
- We undertake to investigate any complaint properly and fairly.
- We will respond to all complaints within a period of five working days, providing a written acknowledgement. This letter will contain details of our complaints procedure.
- Where we find that any work is required or action needed to resolve the complaint then the work or action will be undertaken in the shortest possible time.
- Where it is impractical to resolve the complaint to the satisfaction of the client, the complaint may be referred to an independent Arbitration Scheme.
Managing complaints successfully is a way to improve the services and status of the business as meeting the Customers requirements is the principal objectives of the Organisation. All customer complaints must be acknowledged and dealt with fairly in accordance with the Customer Complaints Policy.
This procedure details the method of dealing with complaints that are received from customers ensuring fair and timely response.
It is the responsibility of the Managing Director to ensure that:
- All verbal or written customer complaints are reviewed to ensure that the appropriate response is provided.
- These responses together with any agreed outcomes are adequately documented.
- Adequate resources are available to implement the procedure and fulfil its requirements.
4.1.1 Customer Complaints will be dealt with in three stages:
- Record the complaint and acknowledge in writing to the complainant confirming that it is being dealt with in accordance with the organisations Complaints Policy.
- Review and understand the nature of the customer complaint.
- Undertake agreed actions to resolve complaint.
4.1.2 A copy of this Complaints Procedure should be available to all clients.
4.1.3 Customer Complaints and subsequent actions should be recorded using BMS/13/6/FM1.
4.1.4 Investigation of complaint will be led by the Project Manager who will report to the Managing Director.
4.1.5 All customer complaints and actions to be reviewed via the HSQE Review Meetings.
4.2.1All compliments will be logged internally.
4.2.2 A thank you letter/email will be written up and sent to the individual or company making the compliment.
4.2.3 Staff will request permission in writing from the person or company making the compliment to use said compliment in future advertisement/promotional material.